Erie County Government - Official website of the Erie County, NY Government

Skip Navigation

Note: Although this web site is fully accessible to all browsers and internet devices, it has been designed to utilize current web standards, and therefore appears quite differently in browsers that do not support current web standards.

For more information on web standards and how to upgrade your browser please visit the Browser Upgrade Campaign at

Return to Erie County homepage

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Who do I call about dead animals on the road?
    How can I find out if a road is maintained by the County?
    Who do I contact about County road repair or maintenance?

    All of the above questions involve the Erie County Department of Public Works Highway Division. They can be reached at 716-858-8363.

  2. I would like to rent a shelter at one of the County Parks. How do I go about doing it?

    You can access the maps of County Parks at the "Parks and Recreation" area of the website. To reserve a picnic you should call the individual park; to reserve an enclosed shelter (building), call Parks office 858-8352 from 8:00 to 3:30 Monday through Friday.

    Click here to visit the Erie County Parks page

  3. There is property in my neighborhood where I have seen rodents. Who do I call about this?

    Call one of the Environmental Health Field offices to report a rodent complaint. The Environmental Health Field office investigates interior and exterior rodent complaints. Extermination service to one and two family dwelling units is also provided.

    Click here to visit the Environmental Health Field offices page

  4. How do I get the names changed on the deed to my house?
    How do I get a copy of my mortgage?
    I am starting a business and would like to register the business (DBA). What is the process?

    Mortgages, Deeds, and DBA's are handled by the Erie County Clerk's Office. Mortgage and Deed information is available at 858-8690. DBA information is available at 858-7467.

    Click here to visit the Erie County Clerk's page

  5. Who do I speak to about my water bill?

    The Erie County Water Authority provides water to a majority of people within Erie County. The Water Authority, however, is not a part of Erie County Government. They can be reached at their offices 849-8484.

  6. I would like to get information regarding the tax status of my property.
    I would like to learn more about the tax foreclosure auction procedures.

    For property tax information call 858-8333.
    For information on foreclosures call 858-6230.

    Click here to visit the Department of Real Property Tax Services' page