Click here for the latest news
|Kevin Hardwick - District 10
Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day set for May 8
Erie County will hold a Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, May 8, at Erie Community College North Campus. Participants are asked to enter from Wehrle Drive.
Acceptable items can be brought to the site for free and include:
- Pesticides, fertilizers, and pool and household chemicals or cleaners. Limit is 2 gallons.
- Oil-based paints, and spray cans. Limit is 10 gallons.
- Paint thinner, stripper and solvents. Limit is 2 gallons.
- Batteries – lead acid and rechargeable.
- Oil, gasoline, kerosene and antifreeze. Limit 10 gallons. dispose
- Mercury – thermometers, thermostats and metal.
- Propane tanks and cylinders – full or empty.
Unacceptable items are: tires, latex paint, computers, appliances, and commercial or industrial waste. Participants may need to verify that wastes are generated by households.
For additional information, call 858-6800 or visit www.erie.gov/environment.
Back to District 10 Homepage