Planning Board Members
Tom Cowan - Chairman
The Planning Board typically meets the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month. Meetings are subject to change or cancellation for which proper notice will be given. Complete applications must be received by the Planning/Building Dept. 30 days before the meeting date in order to be placed on the agenda.
Click here for a list of meeting dates
- All commercial construction over 750 square feet requires planning board approval. Site plan packets are available to assist you through the process.
- In order to be placed on the planning board agenda for a pre-application conference, a letter of intent, proof or ownership, updated property survey and proof that taxes are paid to date must be provided.
- The planning board will review your project, make recommendations, provide a checklist for the site plan, and a copy of the Route 5 Overlay Zone requirements, if applicable.
- 12 copies of the completed site plan packet must be provided in order to be place on the agenda for site plan review.
- After final review, the board will recommend approval to the Newstead Town Board.
Subdivision of Property
Newstead's code regarding subdivision is specific. Any lot divided, which creates one or more new lots must have Planning Board approval and a public hearing held. A major subdivision is the creation of five or more lots (original lot + four or more new lots) and will be recommended to the Town Board for public hearing and to begin the SEQR process. An updated survey, showing the dimensions of the new lot(s) including a drainage plan showing existing and proposed elevations must accompany an application. Fees are listed in the FEE section of the home page.